Welcome!

Any development news for TSM will be posted here! Posts will contain things like recently added features, announcements for new beta versions, what is coming in the near future, as well as general TSM-related news / commentary.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Known Issues with TSM on PTR

So, it has been brought to my intention that Blizzard thought it would be fun to make diving by zero throw an error in 4.3. Now, you might be wondering why anybody would divide by zero in the first place. It turns out, there are many situations in which dividing by zero is useful.

Some of the situations are easy enough to fix (just use math.huge instead of 1/0), but others are not so easy. For example, everywhere I have 1/X where X is some variable, I now have to make sure X is not zero. Previously, if X were 0 I would catch later on that 1/X was too high a number, but in 4.3, this would cause an error and crash the addon so I'll have to be a lot more paranoid when doing division.

So, going through the dozens of code files to find and fix all these situations will take a while but I will try my best to have it done before 4.3. There will likely be ones that I miss so please check for updates when 4.3 goes live and let me know if you encounter any divide by zero errors (or any other errors for that matter).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Since this blog has been retired, no new comments will be allowed. See http://tradeskillmaster.com for information on how to give feedback / get in contact with the devs / report issues. Thanks!